I am missing my first IA Summit, after making it to the first 11.
I can get some value from the conference remotely.
- I am definitely following #ias11 on Twitter. It will get crazy soon, as the Saturday sessions kick off and people are tweeting from up to 4 sessions at the same time.
- I also plan on tweeting with attendees, asking them questions and sometimes even participating in online discussions that stem from what happens face-to-face.
- Decks are being posted to SlideShare. Some people won't post until after the event, which makes sense, so this will become more useful over the next few weeks. Martin Belam is also maintaining a list of slides.
- The conference CrowdVine instance has some activity.
- Some pictures are being posted to Flickr with the ias11 tag.
- The Facebook event is pretty quiet.
I have not found anyone who has written a recap of Day 1. Or who is planning on doing "trip reports" from the event. Everyone is too engaged there, I completely understand.
If you find some other way to participate remotely in this great conference, let me know!